View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LaRockStar
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Bigger than PUA....   Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:35 pm

Well, I am giving you my friends a bit of an update in the life of me. I recently got laid off on Tuesday. The same job they hired me for just six months ago, after my summer long internship. It was just like the movies. They call you in for a "mandatory meeting early in the morning." Make you wait in your office area for a good 30 minutes until they call you to HR. They say, "We thank you BUT...your position is expendable. Here is a severance package. Good luck. Here is a box - clean out your desk."

Life stuck me with a hard left hook and I was in a daze-confused state for a while.

After talking to my advisers and making a pit stop at the career center, I believe I will go back to school and attempt to get my MBA in Sports Management. I just hope my studying for this GMAT test pays off, Lord knows I hate numbers.

At the same time - this is where PUA comes into affect. I believe I'm getting a second shot at the college life. Not many people are able to go back to school due to financial reasons or other family obligations. Not only am I able to go back but I'll try my hand at getting my Masters. To be a grad student. I'm posting this thread for two reasons: 1) I have numerous true life friends here and 2) All my regrets that stem from being a rejected by so many females in high school and my early years of college - I now might be able to squash them.

With time to prepare - physically and mentally - I can go (if I'm able to get in) - prepared to take every advantage of my 18-24 months there at this new school. New town, new people, new experiences... I won't be anti-social. I'll go out to places that make me uncomfortable. I'll do, wear, and say the things that 9 out of 10 guys won't do. I'll be that ... other ... guy. I'm hoping to finally cleaning out my rejected closet of all the hot girls that didn't give me the light of day.

At least thats what I'm hoping to accomplish....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Bigger than PUA....   Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:57 pm

I think its awsome...most people cannot see the positive in events that may seem bad to them...you however are seeing this in a positive light. Not only should you go for your MBA, im sure your capable.

One thing i will say, is do NOT expect life as a grad student to be anything like life as an undergrad, they are worlds apart.

Most grad students go part time, work full time, and to top that off the time investment is immence. You will need at least 2x or 3x as much study time in grad school.

Im not saying to not intend on being social...but do not expect it to be the typical sterotype of college life.

Id say collect unemployement if you can, go back to school if you can, and keep improving yourself. You know its inside of you, you just need to let that potential out.

View user profile
LaRockStar
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Bigger than PUA....   Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:13 am

KA,

Thanks for the positive words. As of right now I got my old job back working at a retail store so I'll be studying for the GMAT exam while working and just saving cash. I make pretty good money ($12/hr) so I can save some so when I move out...I have a nice little nest.

The funny thing is as a journalism student I never studied as an undergrad. Not once. So this studying thing will be new to me, ten fold!

Gotta stay positive. Everything happens for a reason, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PUA

Male Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Bigger than PUA....   Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:02 am

Well, maybe I can weight in too since I am a full-time student and a "grown up" lol!

Ka's right about a lot of MBA programs comprising working adults, but still it depends. My experience in grad school, which, granted, is for law and not business (yet), is that the social aspects are 100% there. Personally I've made the decision to play away from school, but that's because I am older than most of the students and seem to find more success elsewhere. But the potential is there, and if you want a school environment you'll find it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/cantchangerandy
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Bigger than PUA....   Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:44 am

LaRockStar, I too am glad you're looking at this positively.

As for the social life, look at it this way . . . DO be social, take advantage of building your social "status" to becoming "popular". Don't look at it as a way of having sex with every hot girl there. Instead, be the leader, the guy that everyone wants to be around. Tease both the guys and the girls. The lays will come . . .

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504813617

http://latripp.blogspot.com/

www.latripp.weebly.com

Alpha: "Come here, now."
AFC: "Would you mind coming here please, if it's not too much trouble?"

You have one shot, and it's in the first 3 seconds.
Make her qualify herself to YOU.

Don't back down from the girl. CHALLENGE her!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://latripp.weebly.com  http://puas.open-board.com/the-pua-be
Fortunehooks1
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Bigger than PUA....   Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:25 am

Rocstar, my man. The economy has something to do with layoffs, my man. News you already knew. School, yes go back and learn more education. As LA, pointed out be the best guy out there, as opposed to trying to be the best single layered guy out there, meaning only trying to finger the sexiest girls. You have more to offer the girls than just, a penis my friend. Trust me, I have taken my own advice on that manner, and I must say I notice only a positive upswing in my new acquired demeanor. peace,lvoe and succe SS
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/fortunehooks
t3h_v4rg4sm
rAFC
rAFC

Male Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Bigger than PUA....   Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:47 pm

LaRockStar wrote:
I just hope my studying for this GMAT test pays off, Lord knows I hate numbers.

Don't hate numbers. They always speak so kindly about you.

As for your job, don't sweat it. The economy sucks, but you will find another. It really is just like a woman, if you can't win it, you move on to the next. Never seems to be a shortage of women... On the same note, find a woman... err, job you like. Don't fall slave to a high paying job that makes you want to eat nails.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bigger than PUA....   

Back to top Go down

Bigger than PUA....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1