View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
~Meg~
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Do you....?   Wed May 20, 2009 9:58 pm

When you are talking to a girl, either in person or on the phone, do you say her name?

Using someones name can be a useful tool for several reasons:
1. Helps you to remember their name. Sometimes forgetting a girls can be seen as a major DLV in the girls' eyes. As a female, I would automatically conclude that our interaction was unimportant or he has too many girls (the "player" vibe) if he cant remember my name.
2. People love to hear their names. Everyone wants to feel appreciated. By using their name you turn that "stranger" into a "friend."
3. People become more responsive. People tend to become more alert when they hear their name being spoken.

However, make sure you don't say the persons' name too much. Otherwise you are gonna come off as strange.

A guy I used to date would answer his phone with something like "HEY MEG, HOW ARE YOU?" which is definitely a better greeting than "hey whats up"

Now go out and try this... Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
randy1random
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Do you....?   Thu May 21, 2009 4:52 am

Good advice Meg. Also very important texting and emails as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cock Diesel
Vault Personal Trainer
Vault Personal Trainer

Male Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2008-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Do you....?   Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:04 am

~Meg~ wrote:
When you are talking to a girl, either in person or on the phone, do you say her name?

Using someones name can be a useful tool for several reasons:
1. Helps you to remember their name. Sometimes forgetting a girls can be seen as a major DLV in the girls' eyes. As a female, I would automatically conclude that our interaction was unimportant or he has too many girls (the "player" vibe) if he cant remember my name.
2. People love to hear their names. Everyone wants to feel appreciated. By using their name you turn that "stranger" into a "friend."
3. People become more responsive. People tend to become more alert when they hear their name being spoken.

However, make sure you don't say the persons' name too much. Otherwise you are gonna come off as strange.

A guy I used to date would answer his phone with something like "HEY MEG, HOW ARE YOU?" which is definitely a better greeting than "hey whats up"

Now go out and try this... Wink

Totally agree
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you....?   

Back to top Go down

Do you....?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The PUA Beat-