HomeVault AccessGalleryFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Wait what? What is the most valid response?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NCJones
rAFC
rAFC

Male Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Wait what? What is the most valid response?   Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:08 pm

Scenerio 1.
I'm in a lunch room. I get something to eat and my mom is there and want's me to sit down next to her. Someone at the table says that the seat I'm about to sit at is someone else's, they seem rather violent and pretty stupid and bigger than me.

I go and sit at a different table.

Later as I'm exiting someone from that same table asks me to come over to him [most like to talk about what happened earlier]. I think is these terms: he's the one that wants to talk, not me.

I stopped and turned to look and asked what he wanted.

He tells me to come over again, I don't want to waste me time.

I ask what he wants, and he says he doesn't want to have to yell.

He never comes to me, so I keep walking and go about my business.

Scenerio 2.
I'm wandering around at night. Trying to find something to do.
I walk past two girls. They end up turning around and following me. About 3 blocks later I turn back and ask "Are you two following me?"
"No."

Another block they're still there.
"What is there to do in this town?"
"How old is you." [instant red flags!!]
"Guess."
"I don't know, 17."
"No. How old are you?"
"You never told us how old you were, and you're the one talking to us."

That's when I ignored them and went about my business.

Scenerio 3.
I ran into a girl who said she had a crush on me to a friend of her who told me. But I haven't seen her in 3 months.
"Hey, Mary."
"Hi."
"How've you been?"
"Staying out of trouble." As she walks off to grab up her nephew.

I don't know what else to say... So I walk off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Wait what? What is the most valid response?   Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:20 pm

NCJones wrote:
Scenerio 1.
I'm in a lunch room. I get something to eat and my mom is there and want's me to sit down next to her. Someone at the table says that the seat I'm about to sit at is someone else's, they seem rather violent and pretty stupid and bigger than me.

Later as I'm exiting someone from that same table asks me to come over to him [most like to talk about what happened earlier]. I think is these terms: he's the one that wants to talk, not me.

Ok, first of all, your mom asked you to sit by her. If the seat is empty, you sit next to her. If someone wants to verbally fight, ignore them. If they want to get physical, there should be some guards or something around to help with the incident.

Quote :

Scenerio 2.
I walk past two girls. They end up turning around and following me. About 3 blocks later I turn back and ask "Are you two following me?"
"No."

"Guess."
"I don't know, 17."
"No. How old are you?"

Well, if they weren't hookers, or trying to start trouble, they were interested. Why did you wait 3 blocks to say anything to them? You should have TEASED them about stalking you after maybe half a block. The "What is there to do in this town?" was a question they used to try to get you to engage in conversation with them. When they said "you're the one talking to us", you should have said "you're the ones following me."

Quote :

Scenerio 3.
I ran into a girl who said she had a crush on me to a friend of her who told me. But I haven't seen her in 3 months.
"Hey, Mary."
"Hi."
"How've you been?"

Maybe she's shy, even though she has a crush. No big deal there.

Overall in all your interactions, you need to figure out what makes YOU interesting. Once you do that, you'll have things to talk about. Find your passions and relay those passions to people, when being social, with your words.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504813617

http://latripp.blogspot.com/

www.latripp.weebly.com

Alpha: "Come here, now."
AFC: "Would you mind coming here please, if it's not too much trouble?"

You have one shot, and it's in the first 3 seconds.
Make her qualify herself to YOU.

Don't back down from the girl. CHALLENGE her!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://latripp.weebly.com  http://puas.open-board.com/the-pua-be
NCJones
rAFC
rAFC

PostSubject: Re: Wait what? What is the most valid response?   Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:35 am

L.A. Tripp wrote:
NCJones wrote:
Scenerio 1.

Ok, first of all, your mom asked you to sit by her. If the seat is empty, you sit next to her. If someone wants to verbally fight, ignore them. If they want to get physical, there should be some guards or something around to help with the incident.

Point taken.
However in the situation someone wants to talk to you and calls you over what do you normally do. I've been in the habit of telling people to come to me if they're the one who wants something.

Quote :

Quote :

Scenerio 2.
"No."

"Guess."
"I don't know, 17."
"No. How old are you?"

Well, if they weren't hookers, or trying to start trouble, they were interested. Why did you wait 3 blocks to say anything to them? You should have TEASED them about stalking you after maybe half a block. The "What is there to do in this town?" was a question they used to try to get you to engage in conversation with them. When they said "you're the one talking to us", you should have said "you're the ones following me."

I'm the one who said "what is there to do in this town?"
But other than that, useful information for later. Thank you.

Quote :

Quote :

Scenerio 3.
"Hey, Mary."
"Hi."
"How've you been?"

Overall in all your interactions, you need to figure out what makes YOU interesting. Once you do that, you'll have things to talk about. Find your passions and relay those passions to people, when being social, with your words.

So, what makes YOU interesting?
What is something I can do to find out what makes me interesting?
How do you relay your passions with words? Is it a feeling and emotions convey aesthetically, or it is a concrete structure of what's being said? Or possibly something else?

Come to think of it, there isn't much that I'm deeply into right now other than trying to find a way out of the hole I'm in. Once I'm out, I don't know what I want to do. My main goal is to have a car and my own place. I want to no longer rely on anyone else for things like food and shelter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Wait what? What is the most valid response?   Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:18 pm

NCJones wrote:

Point taken.
However in the situation someone wants to talk to you and calls you over what do you normally do. I've been in the habit of telling people to come to me if they're the one who wants something.
Normally that's fine.

Quote :
Quote :
Quote :

Scenerio 3.
"Hey, Mary."
"Hi."
"How've you been?"

So, what makes YOU interesting?
What is something I can do to find out what makes me interesting?
How do you relay your passions with words? Is it a feeling and emotions convey aesthetically, or it is a concrete structure of what's being said? Or possibly something else?

Come to think of it, there isn't much that I'm deeply into right now other than trying to find a way out of the hole I'm in. Once I'm out, I don't know what I want to do. My main goal is to have a car and my own place. I want to no longer rely on anyone else for things like food and shelter.
What makes ME interesting? Haha. Lots of things. I have many projects I'm constantly working on, writing books, messing with computers, making dvds, raising kids, teaching guys how to attract girls . . . etc, etc. The question isn't what makes ME interesting though. The question is what makes YOU interesting. You can be a fighter pilot or a garbage man and STILL be interesting.

What you need to do is dig deep into yourself and figure out WHO you are deep down and WHAT you want to do with your life, ultimately.

Here's something that can help you learn how to convey passion to others:
Rhythmic Speech Patterns
When Mystery speaks, his filler words are minimal, if nonexistent,and he speaks in a slow hypnotic manner that, after a while, you find yourself drawn into what he is saying in an almost hypnotic fashion by the way in which he is speaking. And it makes anything that he is talking about sound like the most interesting thing in the world.

Mystery likes to play a game where he copies whatever you just said, except he says it cooler: more slowly, more expressively, and with more pauses and more enthusiasm than you did. Try playing it with your friends. Here are a few sample lines:
“Are you READY for THIS? Dude, are you READY for THIS?
I’m moving to MIAMI.”
“Oh my GOD, check THIS out.”
“I just did a TV SHOW, isn’t that COOL?”
“I am celebrating with my friends, like the end of OCEAN’S
ELEVEN. We pulled off a CAPER. Now I’ve got some good
coin, I’ve got this beautiful girlfriend, I mean dude she is just
LOVELY.”
“Look at Google Earth, I mean LOOK at this, isn’t this amazing?
Eh? Lovedrop?”
“Oh DUDE, look at that girl. CHECK THIS OUT. That is a
BEAUTIFUL girl. I mean I could see her as my girlfriend. THAT
is a woman worthy of Mystery. I would just cuddle up with
her, Mmmm just so nice, to be with a girl like that tonight, I just
love women. Bro, do you remember that one girl in LA? She
wants to hang out when we get in town. Isn’t that GREAT? Eh?
Lovedrop?”
This is one of the most powerful, and yet least understood core aspects of Mystery’s game—slow and enthusiastic, with pauses, and emotionally compelling delivery; and being talkative to constantly convey value and to refocus the attention and social proof back onto himself.
Do not underestimate the importance of this style of delivery, and the personal magnetism that it generates.

That's an excerpt from their book "Revelation".

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504813617

http://latripp.blogspot.com/

www.latripp.weebly.com

Alpha: "Come here, now."
AFC: "Would you mind coming here please, if it's not too much trouble?"

You have one shot, and it's in the first 3 seconds.
Make her qualify herself to YOU.

Don't back down from the girl. CHALLENGE her!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://latripp.weebly.com  http://puas.open-board.com/the-pua-be
NCJones
rAFC
rAFC

PostSubject: Re: Wait what? What is the most valid response?   Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:07 pm

"What makes ME interesting? Haha. Lots of things. I have many projects I'm constantly working on, writing books, messing with computers, making dvds, raising kids, teaching guys how to attract girls . . . etc, etc. The question isn't what makes ME interesting though. The question is what makes YOU interesting. You can be a fighter pilot or a garbage man and STILL be interesting."

I love Origami, I like to draw, I read about psychology...etc.
You basically listed a bunch of stuff that's normal. Things that anyone does but acted as if it's perfectly fine to do it.
That helps.

Speaking of such, here's a conversation I had with someone the other day after hearing that. Well, part of it.

Girl: what kind of music do you like?
Me: Ha ha! Video game music mostly. I love minor scales and chords mostly.
Girl: You're one of the most interesting guys I've met.

And the conversation went on.
She asked me a little bit about minor scales and music theory, and said she felt comfortable telling me anything.

I assumed she felt that way because I was willing to tell her I liked something that's not normal and be fine with it. Is this a correct assumption?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wait what? What is the most valid response?   

Back to top Go down

Wait what? What is the most valid response?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1