HomeVault AccessGalleryFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Analysis I read on whether women chose looks or intelligence for men.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DatingRuleBook
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Male Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Analysis I read on whether women chose looks or intelligence for men.   Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:57 pm

This question is not a "Personality vs Looks" question, oh no it's not. It's actually an "Intelligence vs Looks" question as research has shown that a woman's intellect is starting to play a larger and larger part on their perceived attractiveness by a man and vice versa. Let us see how an example illustrates this perfectly.

The Experiment

In a book i read by Dr Raj Persaud, there was an interactive experiment on BBC TV which was conducted as follows. The viewing public was presented with two pictures of members of the opposite sex who definitely varied in terms of physical attractiveness - one ugly, one yummy (for both men & women). Beneath each picture, whether ugly or yummy, was a paragraph by the person in the picture inviting the viewer to accompany them on a romantic weekend away in the Caribbean. The wording was more of less the same, but there were subtle differences which should have been so minor as to operate below conscious awareness. (eg. shimmering blue sea vs shimmering azure sea) - in this sense, complex vocabulary was used as a proxy for education orintelligence.

The results?

Women went more for looks in their choice of men, while the men went more for intelligence in their choice of women. Just the use of a few words like 'azure' significantly swung the male audience towards the uhm, lesser physically attractive women.

Conclusion

Apparently, if the above results hold true, ugly Betty, you have been right all along. (:
So nerds of beta house, your time is over! And as the famous Barney Stinson would say, SUIT UP!

What do you Tripp's PUA forum men think about that? (: I'm open to all criticism if need be, i see it as a way to improve, all in the name of progress (:

For the original article, you could always visit my blog at : Dating Rule #13 : Do Men & Women Go For Intelligence Or Looks?

For more such articles if you're ever interested, you could also visit my blog at : The Dating Rule Book

Yours sincerely,
Desmond Leong
Back to top Go down
View user profile
randy1random
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Analysis I read on whether women chose looks or intelligence for men.   Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:31 am

It's an interesting idea but not that scientific there should have been at least three attractive girls and three fuglies for a start.

Hell I think Betty would look pretty hot if she removed here glasses, her braces, plucked her eyebrows and put a bit of make-up on.

Perhaps using azure instead of blue appears pretentious or try hard.

Another thing, I'd be very skeptical if out of the blue a model standard girl emailed me asking me to go on a romantic weekend away.

I personally value intelligence very highly in women so yeah I could agree with the statement from my personal experience.

Women DO value intelligence but by itself it's useless, you're not going to get a girl wet talking to her about quarks and bosons, emotional awareness and the ability to express yourself is FAR more important.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iRHollywood
rAFC
rAFC

Male Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Analysis I read on whether women chose looks or intelligence for men.   Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:22 am

randy1random wrote:

Women DO value intelligence but by itself it's useless, you're not going to get a girl wet talking to her about quarks and bosons, emotional awareness and the ability to express yourself is FAR more important.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DatingRuleBook
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Analysis I read on whether women chose looks or intelligence for men.   Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:23 am

I believe you still need a certain level of looks to get the women. It's more of leaving everything absolutely equal, ceteris peribus, and the person who has the higher intelligence would usually win (:

either that, or two people of near equal looks, maybe one slightly better than the other. And the one not as good looking is smarter, he probably would win the battle for the girl too.

Don't expect to be the hunchback of notredame and get a girl Mad no offense to anyone that might be though! Haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Analysis I read on whether women chose looks or intelligence for men.   Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:52 am

Almost any truly scientific (or with the aim thereof) experiment always requires a baseline or control. There seems to be no control here. They did not have these people chose based on only looks and/or only on the paragraph.

Also, more than likely, the people participating as subjects for the experiment either guessed at or knew the purpose, which could greatly alter the results.

My guess is that women do judge guys based on looks, but that judgment is more prone to "adjustment" based on personality and intellect. Consider how many ugly guys u've seen with hot chicks...and now consider how many attractive guys youve seen with ugly chicks.

We tend to hold more weight in a womans looks then women place on a mans looks. Id say women place us at like 30% looks 70% personality/intellect/etc, whereas men probably are closer to the reverse 70/30.  

View user profile
randy1random
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

PostSubject: Re: Analysis I read on whether women chose looks or intelligence for men.   Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:39 pm

When scientist get involved with this kinda thing, I quite often disagree with their findings, lets face it women is not most scientist area of expertise.

New scientist claimed that hot chocolate releases more serotonin that a kiss. Whilst this may be true in a lab with a stranger whilst perverted old me watch with notepads and you have things sticking in your brain, I highly doubt this is true of a first kiss in the real world.

I've also heard scientist say that most women don't have a g-spot, which is just bollocks and I've heard gynecologists claim that female ejaculation isn't real.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DatingRuleBook
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Analysis I read on whether women chose looks or intelligence for men.   Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:51 pm

Haha wow! That's quite some claims! I personally heard men have g-spots! HAHA. Any other myths you all heard?

And yes, i agree that men tend to place women at 70/30personality, mine is at a 60/40 though. Women seem to look out for 2 things, personality and status. Looks are still important though, but if i had to place a percentage on these 3 qualities, probably 40/40/20?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~Meg~
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Analysis I read on whether women chose looks or intelligence for men.   Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:56 pm

I don't even know how you conclude that based on subtle word differences. I highly doubt it would make that much of a difference.

Based on real life we all know that men place a higher importance on looks than women.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the "lesser" attractive women might not have been that unattractive. I mean did they get a super model and an ugly Betty. I highly doubt it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
randy1random
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

PostSubject: Re: Analysis I read on whether women chose looks or intelligence for men.   Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:34 am

Other myths....

I saw a site
called sexterms.virtualove.net
and they stated
"Nevertheless, women are the only beings in animal
world who are able to experience orgasm" This is complete BS.
Clearly no one has tested for the orgasmic response of all animals.
If I had to guess I would say this myth was started as a
way to disprove evolution by separating us from the rest of the animal
kingdom.

The truth is every mammal tested have shows observable
signs of orgasm (contractions of the pubococcygeus muscle). Every female mammal has a clitoris the
hormones Oxytocin are Prolactin which are released in high quantities
during orgasm are present in all mammals as far as we know.

Many female mammals perform oral sex on each other and I cannot
think of any explanation other than they are receiving pleasure from it.
70% of women cannot have a vaginal orgasm... The truth is 90% of guys just suck in bed.
And the male G-spot is the prostate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Analysis I read on whether women chose looks or intelligence for men.   Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:04 am

Quote :

The truth is 90% of guys just suck in bed.

Now THAT'S something I can stand behind on this thread, lol.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504813617

http://latripp.blogspot.com/

www.latripp.weebly.com

Alpha: "Come here, now."
AFC: "Would you mind coming here please, if it's not too much trouble?"

You have one shot, and it's in the first 3 seconds.
Make her qualify herself to YOU.

Don't back down from the girl. CHALLENGE her!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://latripp.weebly.com  http://puas.open-board.com/the-pua-be
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Analysis I read on whether women chose looks or intelligence for men.   Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:03 am

Yea my point was that to truly test something in a scientific manner your testing cannot interfere with natural process, and because a persons thoughts are turely their secret...its nearly impossible to test a persons preference...because their real answer will be shielded by many layers of social distortion.

Also...not that it really matters, but "Ugly Betty" is actually very attractive when shes not made up to look "ugly". So assuming they did use that comparison...the guys might have seen the attractive qualities in her physique/face that cannot be masked...symetry/bone structure/body type/etc.

View user profile
randy1random
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

PostSubject: Re: Analysis I read on whether women chose looks or intelligence for men.   Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:01 pm

Okcupid do a great job at gathering statistics without interfering with the natural process.

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/page/2/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Analysis I read on whether women chose looks or intelligence for men.   

Back to top Go down

Analysis I read on whether women chose looks or intelligence for men.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1